Welcome to the BitcoinPHL Wiki!
Getting Started - for Users
Setting up a Wallet
Buying and Selling Coins
Locally Currently, the fastest way to buy bitcoins is to do it in person, in cash. To accomplish this, go through localbitcoins, attend one of our meetups or try the philadelphia trading post facebook group.
Online There are numerous online exchanges, ranked below by ease of use.
- Coinbase connects directly to your bank account (takes less than a week to verify), debiting and crediting your account when you buy or sell.
- Bitstamp accepts payment through a money order, which you make from your bank and takes ????.
Getting Started - for Merchants
- Printed QR Code
Pros: Simple, nearly free, fast Cons: No confirmation capability, must determine conversion at point of sale, cant differentiate between different products, accounting is challenging
- iPad or Tablet
Using Websites Coinbase.com Pros: Will convert USD to BTC for you at time of sale, can have a different target for each product, improved accounting Using apps Blockchain.info app Hardware Cheap Android Tablets VIA V7 7 WM8880 Cortex-A9 Android Tablet ($59)
- What is Cold Storage?
- Paper Wallet Tutorial
- Cold Storage with Linux, Bitcoin-Qt, and TrueCrypt
- Locating Brick & Mortar Businesses
Coinmap.org Bitcoin Travel Other Maps
Investment and Day Trading
Charts and Analysis
- Bitcoin Clark Moody
- Second Market - Invest in bitcoins through your IRA
- The Bitstar Portfolio (Blending Bitcoin with Harry Browne’s Permanent Portfolio)
- Altcoin Mining
CryptoSwitcher: Chooses Optimal Crypto-currency to mine at all times